Howdy ladies and gents, time to talk about the big news that dropped on the internet last night, I am of course talking about the frigging trailer for The Avengers: Age of Ultron! Now officially this trailer was meant to come out next week with an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but then some secret person leaked it online and set the fans into a frenzy looking for it after it got taken down. But the damage was done and so Marvel decided to release officially and so it now here we are. Crazy story right? Anyways Let’s talk about the badass trailer yo.
Check it out here:
All I can say after watching that trailer is fuck me, next year can’t come quick enough. If I was excited for this film before, then the hype has gotten to a level beyond my body, the hype is transcending into space! While teaser trailers vary in the amount of footage that you get given, this trailer gave you more than you expect but just enough to keep you speculating and wanting more.
There is so much going on in this film it is pretty insane, I don’t even know where to begin. I’ve seen the trailer like 4 times now and I want to watch it some more but I don’t want to overdo it. So what can we see in this trailer? Well for one the tone is incredibly darker than before, bordering on disturbing. The low lighting, use of yellow/brown filters, slow motion shots and use of eerie music ( “I’ve Got No Strings” from Pinocchio) create an atmosphere very different from the last film, this is more Winter Soldier than Avengers and I love it. The film looks like it takes place on a much more global stage than before with the different locations on display, and I love how there are so many shots on the individual Avengers in separate locations whether it be Thor in a pool of water, Bruce Banner in the snow, Hawkeye in the woods or Black Widow dropping out of a plane on a motorcycle, it is all too cool. A long time ago just after The Avengers came out, I remember Joss Whedon saying that if he were to maker a sequel that he would make a more personal, character-driven film with a darker tone and not make a film that was bigger and larger than the first just for the sake of it. And now seeing this trailer I’m finally starting to get an understanding of his vision and my, what a gorgeous vision it is.
This trailer gives you so much and more, it’s kind of hard to sit back and think about it as your head might explode from all the epicness. But since this is a review here are a few highlights to touch upon like:
- OMG, Ultron Is Such A Badass: I thought Loki would be only good villain the MCU would ever have, but this guy, he looks like he’s ready to steal that title. Straight from the beginning this character narrates the trailer with his sinister voice off-screen and his dialogue is delivered with such style, it is almost like poetry, EVIL POETRY! Quotes like “I’m going to show you something beautiful.”, “You want to protect the world, but you don’t want it to change.”, “You’re all puppets, tangled in strings.” And finally the best one, “There are no strings on me.” Ooooooh, that last quote just sends shivers down my spine yo. Plus it also helps that the dude looks so badass, clearly he goes through a visual transformation and ends up looking so sleek and scary in his final form.
- Hulk Vs. Iron Man: While I don’t know how much of the film this will take up, just seeing the Hulkbuster armour in live-action gets me giddy. For the longest time I’ve known about it and see in it in comics but now that it exists in live-action I am hyped! Seeing Hulk and Iron fighting in the streets, causing chaos, smashing cars and food stands, it is mental.
- Looks Like Things Have Gone To Shit, Again: After all this time you’d think our heroes would deserve more time to chill out, but nope. The world looks like it is in danger again, people are running around in fear, police are shooting guns in the streets, there are loads of psycho robots everywhere, the Avengers are divided and fighting each other. It’s all-out chaos!
- Tony Stark Is In A Bad Place And He Knows It: We all know that it is Stark who creates Ultron in this film and we see that he is regretful of his decision in this film, obviously creating a crazy robot hell-bent on taking over the world will do that. But you cans see it in his face and Thor, I assume isn’t too happy about it either when he grabs Tony by the throat and holds him up against a wall. I’m sure he isn’t the only one who will want a piece Tony after this mistake.
- Look, It’s Andy Serkis! Who Is He Playing?: For a while now we’ve known that Serkis was involved in this film, not only consulting on the motion capture of Hulk, but also having a secret role and then he appears out of the blue in this trailer for a quick second. And I’m like “Oh my god! Who will he be playing? I WANT ANSWERS!” Apparently according to some fans on certain websites I have seen they reckon he is Klaw, a supervillain who apparent have crossed paths with the Avengers before but mainly with Black Panther. So of he is a villain and someone related to Black Panther’s mythos, does that mean we are closer to a film with the king of Wakanda?
- Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Seem To Play A Big Part In This Film: You can see them early on in a crowd of scream people, possibly protesting and they look like they haven’t gotten their powers yet. Later on you see them individually using their powers and atone point together with Ultron! Looks like they will be playing both sides of the field from what I can gather here. The both look pretty cool and while we haven’t seen that much of Quicksilver, I think he looks pretty cool so far, but he does have a lot to prove after everyone pretty love the X-Men: Days of Future Past edition.
So here’s my top 6 moments from the trailer:
1) Final shot of Ultron at the end of the trailer
2) Hulkbuster armour suit up
3) Ultron robots everywhere
4) Thor grabbing Tony by the throat
5) Andy Serkis
6) Seeing Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch in action
In conclusion our first look at Avengers: Age of Ultron is nothing short of awesome. The is so much more to this trailer that I have yet to mention in this review but if I did we’d be here forever. Basically I’m over the moon about this film teaser and I’m totally into the darker tone, seeing the Avengers divided and of course seeing the badassery of Ultron. If Joss Whedon, Kevin Feige and the people at Marvel Studios have this film right like I think they have, then 2015 will be the year of heaven for us comic book fans,
So what do you think of the teaser trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron? Does it make you feel the hype more or less than before? Whatever your thoughts are be sure to leave them below and I’ll see ya on the next blog post yo! 😀