Howdy ladies and gents, time for another film trailer review and I thought I would be waiting until tomorrow to review this one, but apparently the third trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron dropped so I have to talk about it. So with a great first trailer was amazing and the second was decent, so what’s Marvel going to show that’ll outdo the last trailers? Well read on and find!
Check it out here:
So my thoughts are seeing this trailer? Well fuck me, seems like there is still more good stuff that Marvel haven’t shown us in these trailers and it’s awesome!
Now I’m not going to talk too much about this trailer because I have business elsewhere, but I will try and be as descriptive as possible.
This trailer shows off a lot of shots that’s been shown in previous trailers (which is good because too much new footage always takes away from the final film), though there was a heck of a lot more material like:
- More Ultron dialogue
- Scenes of the Avengers kicking ass
- Extra snippets of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
- Some of that trademark Marvel humour
In a way there is a bit too much to talk about however I will try to touch upon things as a whole and what small things that stuck out to me. Well this trailer definitely continues to show of the epic scale of the film with all of the different locations and crazy action sequences which makes it feel like a bigger adventure than before. That being said there are a lot of character moments with people together whether it is Tony Stark and Steve Rogers or Black Widow and Bruce Banner or Ultron hanging with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, and believe those intimate moments will be pivotal to the drama and character development in this film.
In addition to that I knew that Ultron was going to wreck shop, but he really seems like he going to let the Avengers have it. He’s throwing his drones around to destroy the place and give our heroes grief, and while Loki had his army of Chitauri, Ultron and his posse look like they’re just here to end human existence. It is like Marvel’s version of Skynet taking over with an army of Terminators built of Vibranium (well, at least Ultron is).
But there are a lot of things to talk about with this trailer that grabbed my interest like:
- SOMEONE LOOKS POSSESSED: This is a quick shot, but it looks like Scarlet Witch is controlling the mind of Black Widow. Looks super creepy, and I wonder what she’ll make Widow do. It also makes me wonder if this is the same kind of magic that makes Hulk fight Iron Man.
- BANNER & ROMANOFF: Sticking with Black Widow, what’s going on between her and Bruce Banner? There has been a lot of talk about their relationship, and there have been hints in previous trailers, but this scene looks very intimate with them getting very close. That is kissing distance yo. Is there anything romantic involved?
- YOU’RE TOO SLOW!: It is a quick shot, but there’s a scene where Quicksilver knocks Cap on his ass and it is awesome. It is interesting that when Quicksilver hits him it is in slow motion, but after Cap falls to the ground things return to normal. So this leads me to assume that there will be a combination of fast shots and slow mo ones?
- THAT TRADEMARK HUMOUR: While the last few trailers have been mainly devoid of humour and more serious (with the exception of the first extended trailer), but here there is a few funny moments. Whether it is Widow telling Stark that he failed with the Ultron program or Thor egging on Ultron to throw more at them, only to have a million robots thrown at them with Cap saying “You had to ask?” This is some good stuff and I can’t wait for the humour again.
- STARK & BANNER DISCUSS FAILURE & ULTRON: At one point we hear how Stark wanted to create a suit of armour around to world to protect it but failed and made something else. A crazy AI hellbent on destroying humanity.
- FIGHTING AGAINST THE ODDS: The heroes fight pretty much a never-ending mass of robots, everyone is beating the crap out of the Ultron drones. Hulk is definitely throwing down and if you look you can see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch fighting alongside the Avengers which is cool. What I like is the fact that the heroes are pushed into a corner and there are in a tight little circle where it is literally a “fight or die” situation.
- VISION!: Sure you only see him for a hot second at the end of the trailer and he doesn’t say or do anything beyond opening his eyes, but man he looks cool and i can’t wait to see more.
In conclusion the third trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron is pretty damn sweet. So much new footage and fan service in this trailer that I’m getting giddy just thinking about it. My hype for this film is just at the peak of life and I need the film in my system now, just give it to me Marvel! 😛
So what do you think of this trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron? Does it make you feel the hype more or less than before? Whatever your thoughts are be sure to leave them below and I’ll see ya on the next blog post yo! 😀