Howdy people of the internet, been a bit since I posted anything new so here I am again talking about a trailer, or more so a behind-the-scenes featurette on the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story that’ll be showing up in December.Now I’ve been pretty hyped for this film since I saw the leaked footage from Comic-Con last year I think, and after the first trailer game out I got even more excited. But I think it’s the footage that dropped online from Star Wars Celebration that really got me the most giddy so far. 🙂
Check out the video here:
After I saw this yesterday I felt the hype ascend in my soul again haha! 😀 I mean how can you not see that footage and not be anything but excited for this film? That reel pretty much confirmed what we’ve been told this film would be from the beginning; a war film. Rogue One looks rough, dirty, more serious in tone and just from the shots on the beach, the collection of Stormtroopers and other individuals running through explosions, this looks a war film set in the Star Wars universe and I love it.
Just the approach in style, direction, cinematography and use of practical effects is fascinating and feels very different from The Force Awakens where things in this film feel a little more intense and action-packed. It really feels like Gareth Edwards and the rest of the cast and crew know what they’re doing and are creating something familiar yet totally different from what we’ve seen before in the main series of films. And while I usually don’t like to check out how certain films are made because I just like not knowing the details, at the same time it can be very insightful and can give you a greater level of respect for the film you’re watching and I dunno how Edwards and company are keeping such a crazy production in check but they seem to be doing it in such a great way from what I’ve been in this footage.
And speaking of footage look at all that goodness like:
- Donnie Yen looking all badass and dispatching dudes in only the badass way that he can, love it!
- Felicity Jones continues to look more and more interesting.
- The amount of different designs of the human and alien-based characters is varied and cool.
- Seeing Gareth Edwards behind the camera during some of the key action scenes looked great and its cool to see him actively involved with the camera work.
- Oh and that cool small creature towards the end of the video who laughed before going back to shooting stuff from that gun, I love him. I have no clue who or what he is but I think he’s now my favourite person since Wicket or Nien Nunb! XD
Anyway, regardless of how Rogue One turns out I’m still glad that the effort was put into this film to make something different and I’m more hopeful than ever that I’ll have a good time in December.
So those are my thoughts, right now I’m on the hype train for this film and the wait for December continues to get harder and harder. 😛 But how about you? Were you impressed with this behind-the-scenes footage or would you have prefered to see a proper trailer instead? Whatever your thoughts be sure to drop them below and I’ll see ya on the next review, laters! 😀