Howdy ladies and gents, recently I was nominated for a Liebster Award and I’m really jolly about it. This is my second nomination as my first was given to me two years ago (man it feels like ages ago now), and this blog post is a little late since I was nominated almost two weeks ago I think, though I was always going to get around to it, so today I’m gonna talk about it.
Firstly I have to thanks to the lovely lady at Coolsville (whose name I’m not aware atm), she’s a delightful person who does really interesting reviews and while I’m still quite new to her material and have yet to make her acquaintance as a blogging friend, at the same time I enjoy her material and hope to see more from her in due time.
So now let’s talk about those rules that I have to enforce and they are as follows:
- Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive the award.
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog.
So here’s the questions presented to me from Coolsville:
1. What advice can you give to a blogger just starting out?
Find a subject matter, write with passion and stick with it. If you remember those key things, you’ll be fine. There’s no proper answer to give to new bloggers starting out, with that said, what I said before is what has kept me going. I write because I love it, I love to share my thoughts with the world and I like to get into discussions with people about stuff, especially films.
2. Imagine eating the perfect meal. What’s on the menu?
Pizza. Straight up. I love many forms of food, but I’m not too fussy and if you were to ask me off the top of my head then it would be pizza, a meat feast. That would make my life. 😛
3. What’s your favorite album of all time?
This a tough one, I have a lot of love for many albums by many artists, but if I had to pick one I would go with Jamiroquai’s Dynamite album from 2005. That was a very big part of my teenage years and defined my summer of 2005.
4. If you could nominate one book as required reading for high school students, which one would it be?
I don’t know about this one. I don’t really read books. Maybe The Very Hungry Caterpillar? Haha. That’s a mandatory book whether it is for learning purposes or otherwise.
5. What’s your favorite black and white film?
I would probably say Strangers on a Train, that film left an impression on me after I saw it in college.
6. Name three things that bring you joy.
Food, games and films.
7. Coffee, tea, or juice?
Juices for sure, coffee and tea are nice but I good glass of OJ can just feel so nice! 😄
8. What is your astrological sign?
I’m an Aries, haha we’re a funny lot.
9. What’s your favorite element on the periodic table?
Probably Zinc (Zn) or Hydrogen (H), they just sounded cool.
10. If you could be fluent in another language, which one would you choose?
Japanese for sure, I would consider myself all-powerful and would be able to watch anime and Japanese films without subtitles.
11. If you were given a yacht, what would you name it?
The SS Badass! Haha, kind of cheesy and lame but hell its my yacht so that’d be a good enough name for me.
11 facts about myself:
- In primary school I smashed my arm through a window and my dad had to take me home in front of all the kids in the playground.
- At this current point in time I’ve seen Avengers: Age of Ultron twice.
- I have yet to own a full driver’s licence (sad I know).
- I LOVE the first three seasons of Spongebob Squarepants, but after that the show went to shit.
- I have a massive man crush on Hugh Jackman and I am not ashamed!
- I’ve always wanted to go to Venice, because I went there in a dream.
- I love a clear night sky full of stars.
- My idea of a perfect day is just a hang session with my friends, maybe a few drinks and some sunshine with a breeze
- I can’t stand Brussel sprouts, WORST VEGETABLE IN HISTORY.
- I’m still waiting for a live action adaptation of Moon Knight, he’s so underrated.
- I need to get back into my scriptwriting as my mind has so many stories that need penning down.
Here’s my nominations:
- Tim The Film Guy
- My Kind of Movie
- Sidekick Reviews
- Writer Loves Movies
- Mikes Film Talk
- Film Grimoire
- Dan the Man’s Movie Reviews
- My Reel POV
- What About The Twinkie
- Films and Things
And here’s my 11 questions:
- What is your favourite type of weather?
- Is there a film that makes you cry?
- Is there a film you can quote from with ease?
- How many times have you seen a film in the cinema?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- If you were a fruit which one would you be?
- If you had a super power then which would you have?
- Jelly, do you like it or not?
- Which do you prefer: Star Wars of Lord of the Rings?
- VHS or DVD?
- Do you play video games?
Well that’s me done. Thanks for reading and I’ll see ya on the next blog post, laters! 😀