Hey ladies and gents, as you might notice, as of recent I haven’t been reviewing films as frequently as I used to and I don’t want you to think I’ve given up or dropped off the face of the planet, I’M STILL HERE, I just have other commitments with uni and my new job, So yeah let me give you some info on my situation.
Now as I’ve said before, I’ve gotten a hell of a lot of stuff going on in my life at the moment. Firstly my animation course has been bleeding me dry with the three modules I’ve had to do and while it’s not been hard per-se, it has been tedious and time-consuming. Secondly I started my new job last weekend and that eats up all of my weekend and since its night shifts, when I get hope I’m almost dead and crash out, but for some reason I sleep even longer during this time which in turn means I have no time in the day to do anything and that sucks! All of this has made my cinema going experience very difficult to tackle.
However never fear as I shall return to the cinema soon!
With the hand-in of my uni work coming around next week and most of my work being finished this weekend, I’m thinking that I will treat myself to the cinema after all this stress and bullshit.
So what’s on the card? Well here’s the list of films I want to see and review:
- Frozen (I have heard LOADS of people go one about this film like it’s the most amazing thing ever, I’m curious to see if it meets the hype)
- Saving Mr. Banks (I’ve heard so many good things about this film and I have to see it because of the actors involved)
- The Butler (This is film I had followed for a while so I’m hoping to catch it at some point)
- Philomena (It’s got Judi Dench in it, and Steve Coogan in a serious role, plus Mark Kermode said it was good. I’m down)
- Kill Your Darlings (It has Daniel Radcliffe and Dane DeHaan in it, I’m interested by that alone)
- Anchorman: The Legend Continues (Liked the first film, wanna see the sequel, nuff said)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Loved the first film and early reviews say it’s better than the first so I CAN’T WAIT!)
Here are films I am kind of half and half about:
- Homefront (I heard this film isn’t anything special, but I like the cast and the trailer, may check it out)
- Bad Grandpa (The trailers for this looked hilarious, it’s still showing in Sheffield, so I’m gonna try and catch it)
- Oldboy (This is remake that didn’t need to happen, but I may watch it to see how much it fails)
- Carrie (It’s a remake, I like Chloë Grace Moretz, but I’ve heard lame things, I can take it or leave it)
As for films I want to re-watch well we have:
- Thor: The Dark World (I really liked this film and annoyingly I haven’t seen it since opening day, weak!)
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (This was a good film and I really liked it above the first, need to check it out again)
- Gravity (Great film, gotta see it for the crazy amazing visuals again)
So yeah expect a good deal of reviews over the next few days/weeks. TRUST IN ME! 😀