Howdy people of the internet, time for an unexpected trailer review as the teaser for Spectre dropped online and so I have to talk about it. So far every bit of news for Bond 24 has been ticking all the right boxes, but now we have some footage to work with. So what’s the teaser saying? Well read on and find out.
Check out the trailer below:
So what are my first thoughts after seeing this trailer? Nice, very nice. I’m getting very dark, harrowing and mysterious vibes from this trailer and I like it.
It seems like the next Bond film will continue the codes and conventions that have been presented since Casino Royale came out with more serious and realistic stories, darker tones, important characters and beautiful locations. From what I’ve seen, it looks like we’ll be getting another personal story with James Bond with him keeping secrets from people (MI6 probably) and coming into contact with people he’s known in the past. This is not a problem for me as I’ve always preferred stories that are closely tied to the main character, that’s why I LOVED Casino Royale and Skyfall. Bond also looks like he’s obtained a ring (or circular object) with the Spectre logo on it and is talking to someone who he knows about it hoping to get answers, and it seems like he’s aware of something. And while we don’t see him in the light, Christoph Waltz’s villain seems to welcome Bond sounding quite polite and cool, just from his dialogue I’m getting nice vibes from him too.
Looking at this teaser I’m seeing that the beautiful cinematography will be coming back in full force. Skyfall‘s visual presentation was simply gorgeous with some incredible camera work during action sequences, but even more impression was the static shots that showcased the scenery with such wide-angle shots full of detail. And looks like this film will be continuing to show off these great locations of the world in a very beautiful way.
Here’s a few other points I wanted to highlight like:
- The shot of the MI6 building after the explosion is a heavy reminder of the drama in Skyfall
- Seeing Naomie Harris talking to Bond about him having secrets leads me to believe that there will be more close moments between the two of them
- Among Bond’s belongings recovered from the MI6 building, there is a burnt picture, I wonder who the people are in the photo. Parents or old friends? Or possibly the man in the following scene?
- The man who resides in the cabin in the snowy woods, he looks rough and tired. Who is he, what’s his connection to Bond and how does fit into the grand scheme of the plot?
- Bond’s travelling on a boat in a very cold snowy mountain location, looks very pretty
- Bond’s attending a funeral, and we see Monica Bellucci who’s there too. Looks like a melancholy moment for sure
- Seeing Christoph Waltz’s character in silhouette is so cool, imposing and mysterious, it’s nicely done
This looks like it will continue the same tone and feel from Skyfall but take things in a different yet even darker direction. I mean I could be wrong and everything I’m saying is speculation, but at this state it’s always nice to question things before more details come to light. I’m just curious to see how all of the other cast members will fit into this film like Andrew Scott and Dave Bautista. Sam Mendes done such a good job with the last film and I’m already feeling like this film will be another winner.
In conclusion the teaser trailer for Spectre looks very intriguing for sure, from what’s on display here it seems like we’ll be getting another dark and personal chapter in the Bond series. Sure it there is not much in the way of action or many of the cast members, but it is a teaser and gave me just enough to get me excited even more than I was before. I cannot wait.
So what do you think of the teaser trailer for Spectre? Are you hyped more or less after seeing this? Whatever your thoughts are be sure to leave them in the comments below, until the next time, laters! 😀