Alrighty then we’ve had the Sonic: Lost World trailer now we get the first set of details and images from the game. This has been the best two days for gaming news in ages. I am jolly to be a Sonic fan right now haha. The following information comes from Sonic Stadium:
“IGN has posted the first details of Sonic Lost World as well as a small barrage of new screenshots for both the Wii-U and 3DS version of the game.
If you want the details, click that read more button.
- Levels include ‘Wind Hill’ & ‘Desert Ruins’
- Desert Ruins consists of a Cake, Candy and sweet themed environment.
- Sonic builds up speed slowly, the player decides when he wants to go faster and then with another button decides when he wants to unleash the next level of speed.
- Parkour system, designed to allow players to navigate objects at speed without coming to a dead stop.
- Wisps are back, as are the wisp powers.
- 2 player “support” mode confirmed.
- Sonic is the only playable character.
- Tails, Knuckles & Amy appear in the story, they are not playable.
- The planet is called ‘Lost Hex.’
- Rescuing animals will influence various unlockable content.
- Red Rings are back.
- Gold cannons are used to unlock secret/alternative paths.
IGN also notes that it didn’t get to ‘play’ the game, but rather watch a demonstration of three stages.
More details can be found at IGN, as well as a selection of screenshots.
Here’s six images from the game, three from the Wii U and three from the 3DS:
The more I see of this game, the more I am liking what I am seeing. I am especially surprised with the 3DS version that’s actually in 3D rather than being rendered in 3D and put on a 2D perspective. I like how Sega and Sonic Team are taking chances with the series but in a smart way rather than giving us Werehogs and talking swords. It looks like they’re bringing back a lot of concepts from recent Sonic games especially Sonic Colours with the return of Red Rings, the desert-themed levels, the Wisps and Two Player mode. With the return of Wisps I can only assume this game takes place in space again or maybe the Wisps came back to help Sonic out after he saved them before, either way it is a welcomed surprise that they’re back. Honestly producer Takashi Izuka sounds like he knows what the finds what this time round or at least knows how to bring something new to the table without making anything too radically different. I look forward to hearing more about the game at E3 next month.
May 29, 2013 at 5:16 pm
This game looks like a lot of fun to play!